California Conforms to the Federal November 16, 2023 deadline for California Storm Victims
October 16, 2023
The Governor’s office has now announced California will conform to the filing extensions by the IRS (IR-2023-189). This extension grants relief to 55 of 58 counties in California providing an extension of time to file and pay taxes to November 16, 2023. The extended relief applies to:
- Individual income tax returns due on April 18, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023)
- Business return filings normally due between March and April 18, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023)
- Trust returns normally due on April 18, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023)
- Annual information returns for tax-exempt organizations normally due on May 15, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023)
- Quarterly estimated tax payments normally due on April 18, 2023, June 15, 2023, and September 15, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023).
- Contributions to IRA and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) (now due on November 16, 2023).
- Quarterly payroll and excise tax returns normally due on May 1, 2023, July 31, 2023, and October 31, 2023 (now due on November 16, 2023)
Relief is provided to 55 of California’s 58 counties, which includes all counties except:
We understand most people have already filed and paid their 2022 tax payments, but for anyone who still has Federal or California tax payments pending for October 16, 2023, you have until November 16, 2023 to make the payment.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Gatto, Pope & Walwick, LLP
Certified Public Accountants