GPW is always seeking qualified, talented people to join our organization. Currently there are openings in our Tax Department at all levels (Associate, Supervisor and Manager). We are also seeking a Firm Administrator. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tax Manager candidates must have at least 7 years of recent public accounting experience.
Tax Managers are expected to perform any or all of the following functions:
- perform technical review of all tax returns
- assume full responsibility of tax accounts assigned; this includes being responsible for personnel scheduling, compliance with due dates and monitoring time budgets
- begin and complete tax research projects, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise, understandable written form
- act as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and audit staff on specific tax issues and questions
- assume tax preparation responsibility for more complex returns
- manage time effectively; includes the ability to handle multiple engagements at one time and meet deadlines
- demonstrate strong communication skills
- Must have at least 7 years recent public accounting experience
- licensed CPA
- strong client interaction skills
- excellent organization and time management skills
- working knowledge of ProSystemfx Tax and QuickBooks software a plus
Tax Associates and Tax Supervisors must have at least 2-4 years of recent public accounting experience. They are expected to perform any or all of the following functions, depending on experience level and skillset:
- preparation of Individual, Partnership, Corporate and Trust tax returns
- preparation of federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments
- assist with tax audits and tax research projects
- take ownership of tasks and be able to work with others to prioritize work assignments
- handle multiple engagements at one time and meet deadlines
- ask appropriate questions when faced with difficulties
- produce deliverables that are clear, concise, thorough and of professional quality
- dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients
- demonstrate strong communication skills
- Must have at least 2-4 years recent public accounting experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, as well as CPA certification obtained (or in process)
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be comfortable reporting to multiple people
- Working knowledge of ProSystemfx Tax and QuickBooks software a plus
Audit Associates must have at least 1-2+ years of experience working in audit for a public accounting firm, or industry experience. They are expected to perform any or all of the following functions, depending on experience level and skillset:
- Prepare trial balances and financial statements using computer software programs.
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, property and equipment and calculate depreciation expense.
- Prepare statistical and account analyses.
- Perform audit, review, compilation, and accounting procedures as assigned by supervisors/managers.
- Demonstrate the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Proactively demonstrate a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis.
- Grasp concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the auditing and reporting standards/policies for audit and other attest engagements.
- Skilled in problem solving i.e. follows directions and knows when to ask for help.
- Complete deliverables in a timely manner.
- Take ownership of tasks and is able to work with others to prioritize work assignments.
- Ask appropriate questions/seeks counsel when faced with difficulties.
- Produce deliverables that are clear, concise, thorough and of professional quality.
- Ensures job execution, documentation, and completion in accordance with required policies and procedures.
- Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Exhibit values, ethics, integrity and trust that are in sync with those of the firm and profession.
- Organizational skills.
- Communication skills – oral and written.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major as well as CPA certification obtained or in process.
- Approximately 1-2+ years of experience working in audit for a public accounting firm, or industry experience
- Exceptional client interaction skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Experience with Engagement, PPC Smart, and QuickBooks is a plus but not required.
To apply for any of these positions, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Gatto, Pope & Walwick LLP is seeking junior and senior Accounting majors for tax season internship positions. Recent graduates may also apply. The internship program will run from January through mid-April, with the potential for continued employment.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- general tax file organization
- basic tax return preparation (utilizing ProSystems tax software)
- projects utilizing MS Excel, MS Word and Quickbooks software
- general clerical duties (scanning, copying, filing, supplies)
- tracking items sent to/received from offsite storage facility
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills. Must be able to work independently and effectively multi-task.
For consideration, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- current transcript (unofficial)
- tentative availability (25-35 hours/week preferred)